Experiments with pompoms...


Yesterday when I was up at Parson Cross I was struck by the idea that as well as making pompoms to hang from trees that we could maybe make some into flowers to plant around the area. They could look really great planted along the corridor of the library too! The original idea was that they would represent dandelion clocks as I have notice that there are dandelion clocks everywhere at the moment but actually the coloured ones look much better as flowers. I will experiment with white wool for dandelion clocks. I met my friend Laurence for lunch and he had a go at making a pompom. Our activities caused great interest in the cafe we were in!





When I got home I 'planted' a few of the blooms I had made in the morning in my garden. They work really well but I need to use stronger wire.